27 November 2004
posted by j at 11/27/2004 04:45:00 PM

My head hurt...

Today has probably been the single, most unproductive day of my life that i remember. Did nothing but stay home and lie down. Was plagued by a splitting headache. Everytime i attempted to sit or stand up, a wave of pain would come shooting up into my head like a rocket. Couldn't even bring myself to watch vcds or surf the net cos none of these brainless activities allowed for lying down. (no, i do not approve of watching tv lying down. this is a value i intend to pass to my kids if i ever have any.) I did try to blog earlier but my headache just refused to budge and i had to surrender to a wave of nausea that came as a result of my bullheadedness.

Perhaps the only good thing that came out of this is that i wasn't able to think too much. Cos that just made my head worse. Thinking too much may have advantages such as stimulating brain cells so that they dun become obsolete (Actually this is just my own theory... but i really believe it!) but i think thinking too much, at least with the frequency and intensity i do, probably kills my brain cells. Plus, the more i think, the more warped my thoughts become.

Wondered why my head hurt so. Wondered if it was cos of my neckache. Think i sprained or at least twisted my neck yesterday while playing volleyball. Somehow, when one is in a not-so-good frame of mind, everything one does just goes down the hill. Including in games. Think yesterday's vball was probably one of my worst. Missed most of the spikes. Either that or gave real lousy ones. You know, the kind that gives a resounding slap but goes only as fast as a snail and as far as a bowling ball thrown by a three-year-old child. Bleah.

Asked a doctor fren if a neckache could cause a splitting headache. He said he didn't think so. Was relieved but could have sworn it was connected. urrgh. The neck is one of the body's mysteries. It apparently doesn't do much except turn the head which it holds up. Other than that, it is only pretty much there for females to adorn with jewellery, or at least, what often is supposed to be jewellery but doesn't the least bit look like it. Oh, and it can get pretty troublesome cos you apparently have to scrub it. (Sorry lah, I din know that!) But yeah wat say, when you twist it the wrong way, boy does it hurt! It turns your world upside down. You can no longer look at things around you the same way. You have to TURN YOUR ENTIRE BODY ROUND to look at things and people to you right and left!! And i tell you, as a driver, this neck thing is a PAIN!! It hurts like MAD everytime you park and everytime you check your blindspot!!

Am glad for paracetomal. It relieved my head, though not my neck. Am glad i'm not allergic to paracetomal like a fren of mine is. heh. Her eyes swell up each time she takes it. Which pretty much means she has to bear with pain, aches and fevers. Quite poor thing. Am glad for sleep. Which i had a lot of. Am beginning to feel age catch up on me. Just the other day, i started having backaches from vacuuming and mopping the house. And whenever i delay or skip meals, my gastric problems come back. Even as i type, i feel my stomach growling. It's like a chemical lab in there. Or a band playing with lots of drums. Sometimes it gets hard to accept that i've already reached the age where i'm actually too old to join certain competitions. Not that i want to. But yeah, it feels like the world is moving on without me.

But you know what? I think that in everything bad, God always gives us things to brighten our day. Even if it may be something very small. It just takes some looking. Today, i'm thankful for friends. Though there are things i still feel upset about, and i think perhaps things might never quite be the same again because of certain sore spots, i'm glad for friends who care.