04 January 2005
posted by j at 1/04/2005 04:07:00 PM

School has finally started...again. Could not help feeling excited amidst the sense of apprehension. Perhaps having been in the education line for at least over a year has helped to calm me somewhat. I'm not quite so panicky as i was before. And i can sleep a lot better the night before as well. Thank God.

The new year found me still in some state of anxiety however. Being a year older makes me feel...well...OLD. But let's not go into that. Somehow, i'd been so busy being tidy and clean in the area of my household that i'd forgotten to clean up my walk with God. Feel left behind. Or rather, think i left God behind. I'm sorry God. But God, being the merciful God He is, has blessed us all with a new year to make amends, to make things aright, to start anew and to have another shot at letting God find us faithful when He comes again.

Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is- His good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)

This shall be my theme verse for the new year. Want to be transformed by the renewing of my mind. Want to fill my mind and thoughts with God's Word. Can't wait to start bible study again. Feel like the break has caused my mind to rot somewhat. I'm thankful though for the physical rest.

As for resolutions for the new year...really wanna strive at some particular things. Have always struggled with them. And with all honesty, i prob shall still struggle with these things for the whole of my life. But it doesn't mean i should stop struggling.

Will always remember what Cecilia said. Those who are truly born again, those who are God's children, will love God, love his Word and love His people. What shame i felt when i heard that. And what fear and anxiety. So these are my resolutions...

Love God
1. To really focus on God this year. To seek Him FIRST. (Matt 6:33)
2. To run to Him first, instead of to Man.

Love His Word
3. To be more diligent in reading and reflecting on His Word. e.g. Bible reading plan and scripture memory (Ps 119:9,11)

Love His People
4. To look to the interests of others first. (Phil 2:3-4)

May God help me...
 
1 Comments:


At 8:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I like. =)

Han