23 February 2005
posted by j at 2/23/2005 05:14:00 PM

Been trying to look more 'teacherly' these days....guess that comes naturally with the glasses i am forced to wear. Went to see the optometrist again yesterday. She's confirmed my red eye syndrome as contact lense complications. So according to her, it's here to stay some time... If mild, will last a month, if serious, 3 months or so... gosh. Was pretty horrified at the prospect of having to be bespectacled for so long. It's already been one LOOONG week....got at least 3 more to go?? Still feel my vision isn't as clear as without glasses.

Feel also that part of the problem is related to the worsening condition of haze in the country. Am quite sensitive to things like smell and hearing. I can smell the haze in the air in the mornings and it somehow affects my breathing and sight. System's been rather blocked up these weeks and on 2 separate occasions, i've had the unpleasant and rather scary experience of almost driving blind. In the afternoons and evenings, as i leave school, SOMETHING in the air (i dunno if its the heat or what) has been causing my eyes to water very very VERY badly. Tears literally POUR out of my eyes. And it always happens round the bend near the school. A one lane road that I cannot stop along. Always start to panic and pray very hard.

Gotta give thanks daily for little mercies...