14 February 2005
posted by j at 2/14/2005 05:06:00 PM



My dearest friend,

I cannot say I know the sorrow you feel. I cannot say I understand the pain you are going through. I could tell you the pain will go away with time, but I won't. I racked my brains for things to do or nice words to say to make you feel better, but I came up with nothing. I'm helpless. Just as you may feel helpless. Perhaps you wish that you could have done so many things for her, you wish so many other things could have been but somehow they weren't. Perhaps you even feel guilty for not making things better or for not being there for her. I can't tell you not to feel these things, because in all honesty, I'd probably go the same way if I were you. I'm just sorry there's nothing I can do to ease your pain. My heart aches with you.

My thoughts and my prayers are with you, my dear sister. We have shared so much together, I just wish I could share your burden just now. You have been a dear friend to me in just these few years we have known each other. I've no doubt you have been a wonderful granddaughter to your granny, just as she's been a wonderful granny to you. I know in my heart, that she loves you very much and is very proud of you, simply from the little you've told me. Cry and mourn if you must, but rejoice too in the memories you've shared with her and in the Master who holds us all by hand. You will meet again in eternity.

Praying that God grant you his comfort and peace in this time.

I'll be here for you.
 
1 Comments:


At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Thank you. Don't know what else to say but thank you, really. It's ok. I guess it's something I have to deal with myself. I'll be ok.

-H