08 March 2005
posted by j at 3/08/2005 11:11:00 AM

More and more, i'm beginning to find that it's getting so difficult to find people to do things with. As it was, when i first started attending the church that i'm presently attending, i found that none of the girls, apparently, were interested in engaging in the activities which i wanted to do! None wanted to play basketball and few liked inline-skating. In general, it seemed nobody (the girls) did any sports. Even now, it's a real difficulty dragging people down to jog with me. Few want to swim or play games. These days i'm having problem getting people to go for a diving course with me. Most who are willing are guys and even then, these ppl say they need mental preparation. Sigh.

Think so it's time to prepare myself for times i shall have to do everything on my own. Can no longer rely on the company of others. I think so too that as age catches up on me, people around are going to be finding their partners, and with that would come activities which i can no longer engage in together with them. It's time to prepare myself for the inevitable...
 
3 Comments:


At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Dear, you're not being fair. There are many people doing the weekend sports-related activites you enjoy with you now. I on the other hand have people pulling out of the walks I organise AFTER the time scheduled to meet. As for diving, not sure about others but personally I'm not wanting to do it this month for the same reason that you're not wanting to do it the next. Finally, there's no shame in doing things alone. As you're beginning to find out, not one is as reliable as God. And if you're gonna let it get to you every time, life's gonna be pretty miserable. So cheer up k?

 

At 1:26 PM, Blogger Alex

hey... u never ask me... haha...

anyway i know what u mean... i just have to find ppl with similar interests... to feed my longing to play soccer, i'm starting a soccer fellowship in school...

what inevitable?

 

At 8:19 AM, Blogger Gaizhi

Yeah, you have to be fair. While there exist people who rejects your invitations, there also exist people whose invitations were rejected by you. Acceptance and rejection. A big part of life.

It's also a coming-of-age thing. Yours truly had registered this a long time ago. The solution? Build a close relationship with God. He never fails; Man often does.