04 March 2005
posted by j at 3/04/2005 05:45:00 PM

Thanks to all who have msged me to ask about my dad. Really appreciate your concern. Thought I'd blog some details about my dad's admission so you guys won't worry unduly. As yet, nothing is confirmed. My dad suffered from a slipped disc earlier last year. It was rather an unusual part of the spine to injure cos usually ppl injure the lower portion of the back. He injured the upper portion. Hence, this affects the nerve in his left arm. Apparently, because of the slipped disc, one of the bones is impinging on a nerve in his arm, causing shooting pain. He went to hospital because of the pain. He's still warded in NUH now. On painkillers to keep away the pain. Meanwhile, he's pestering the doctor for an operation to solve the problem. The doc's still checking whether there are slots. As to details of the op, i'm not sure. Apparently my dad doesnt seem to know much either. Dunno if it's major or minor, dunno how long he'd be set back, dunno if it'll solve the problem entirely, dunno if there'll be implications, dunno how much it'll cost....

Just gotta pray...