12 April 2005
posted by j at 4/12/2005 02:19:00 PM

These days i really feel like a drifter. Like i'm existing just for the sake of it. Losing interest in some things. Don't know why i do others. Sounds like mid-life crisis, but then that would mean my life-span's really short. Maybe i'm really over the hill. Even a simple badminton game gave me a buttache. The rapport i thought i had with my students now seems to have disappeared. Feel kinda hurt at the things they do (or don't). Feel like throwing in the towel.

So here i am. Existing. Licking languidly at the mashed potatoes i made for myself (technically i just added water). Not knowing what work to start with. Not wanting to do anything. Instant mashed potato must be one of Man's greatest inventions. Lunch feels too far away to get. Potatoes are good. Now i'm rambling. Oh well.

Wonder if anyone would notice if i was gone. Wonder if it would make even the slightest difference.
 
5 Comments:


At 3:38 PM, Blogger Alex

It could also be that your midlife crisis starts and ends later than most ppl... but seriously, it's possible that you need to stop and think about what you're doing and where you're heading...

For the longest time I didn't know that whipped potato was made from powder... When I found out I didn't eat it for a while...

I've asked myself the same question (would anyone notice) before... I don't know if my being gone would make a difference to anyone but if you were gone it would at least make a difference to me...

 

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

starts and ends late?? isn't this considered early for me?? Yeah, need to stop. But how?? Pace of life is so fast. Need to get away to do that properly. Even then i can't be sure i won't get sucked back in again.

I don't care man. There's nothing else to eat here. Its either that or chocolate, of which i am running out again... sigh

thnks .. havent even been seeing u ard much tho. dunno wat i've been doing man..

 

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Alex

Oops... I meant it starts early, ends late... I guess you'll have to hold out till the holiday... Read my blog lately? Next semester we have 3 day weekends every week... I'll take one or two of them for personal retreats...

I like whipped potato... just that I was disappointed that it came from a powder... That's a little absurd considering I love instant noodles...

Yeah, that brief instant that I saw you on Sunday was the first time in a long while... I guess you've been having some issues to grapple with and if that means we don't even bump into each other I'll understand...

Today I realised how a writer's use of tense can reflect what he wants to stress...

 

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Or it could be that you need a romp in the sack. A good one no doubt. That always makes me feel better.

 

At 1:28 PM, Blogger j

Hahaa...that never crossed my mind actually... but i don't think that would work for me =) Think I should stay some distance away from the troublemakers.. heh. Personally, i think binging really helps. Which would explain why i'm putting on weight!! ARRgGHh.. Went for a jog 2 days in a row as a result of the revelation.