26 August 2005
posted by j at 8/26/2005 02:20:00 PM

Why? Let me clarify, this post is not intended to answer the above question. If anything, the post might even baffle your mind more. i'm not given to orderliness, nor do i particularly feel obliged to organize my random thought patterns into something more readable for the cyber audience. So, i wash my hands of any responsibility whatsoever to any jumbling or brain-damage that any of my posts might cause.

Why is it when i do certain things, i'm reminded of certain people? It's as natural as thinking of bread and butter as a single entity, egg omelette and cai po, CNY and ba kwa, amy yip and ...u know...

And yet, the thing is, it's not as if i dun do these same activities with other people, i do. It's not even because it was the first time or anything like that. It could be a perfectly random number in the equation, a perfectly normal, un-extraordinary day and yet it sticks in your mind and could be captured on your 'mind-film' as a perfect day.

How does association take place in your brain? How does it all work? Is there a perfectly logical explanation to how our brains work? Then why do one's brain work differently from others'? Does it all mean anything?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought of you today
What does it mean?
Why do i think of you?

I think of you whenever i go to the beach
I remember the time we went rollerblading
That one and only time

I remember you when it rains
How we were racing back in a storm
How we had to stop halfway, with me drenched but happy

I think of how easy it was working with you
Once, a long long time ago, or so it seems
It's never difficult somehow

I remember the pleasant surprise
From realising you were not who you seemed
And how easy it was talking with you

I think of the journeys we made
That never seemed too difficult because you were there
It always seemed to end all too soon

I remember the walks after
The comfortable conversation
The easy laughter

But then there were also the hopes and longings
They were hard to deal with
The disappointments which were inevitable

The one and only time it seemed you asked me out
Only to cancel mysteriously after
Pride stopped me from asking why

I could not help but wonder
I wanted to know, but didn't
So i went away, in a way you did not know or realise

Perhaps God has another purpose
Perhaps it is not time
Perhaps i'm not good enough

Perhaps your heart belongs to another
Perhaps i'll never know
But i wonder, when will i stop thinking of you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:
This is not a poem of sorts. I've never really taken Literature proper so i've no idea HOW to write a poem. As such, this is NOT one. DO NOT mistake it as a badly written one. Heh.
 
3 Comments:


At 8:20 PM, Blogger Alex

Gee, another anonymous entity. Who is that person? Of course I don't expect an answer.

Wait a minute. That's what I feel too in some way.

We're cool. Or are we?

 

At 12:22 AM, Blogger j

huh? wat u mean? wat do u feel?

and wat do u mean by we're cool? i mean, yeah, i'm cool i know *heh*, but it's all kinda vague...

care to explain?

 

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Alex

You know, the part abt certain things reminding you of certain people. Especially people who mean something to you.

Sometimes I avoid certain places so as not to remember certain things. Some places can't be avoided and the memories come flooding back.

We're cool? Don't get the wrong idea, but it's like saying that though you and me may never get together, I hope we'd still be good friends.

Cool is the name of a song that I mentioned in my blog recently.