07 September 2005
posted by j at 9/07/2005 11:35:00 AM

I looked at my Teachers' Day cards/notes today, and i'm suddenly thankful. Fact is, i really do enjoy the interaction i have with my kids. I also find it strange how the students i taught in previous years never fail to greet me or joke around with with me(most of them anyway...but recently one of them ran away upon seeing me...hmm...i wonder why...), in spite of all the scoldings i've given them over the years. In fact, i've actually thrown many a tantrums in class over a number of issues...e.g. the cleanliness of the classroom, their behaviour and attitude, their bad results/work, undone work, talking in class...etc. A whole multitude of sins you could call it. It's actually very draining to lose one's temper. Sometimes though, it's really all an act. I'm not actually as angry as i make myself out to be. Sometimes i can simply just 'vibe' a bad mood signal to them without actually saying a word. Hah. Anyway, the point is, as i looked at my cards, i'm glad that at least some do appreciate me as a teacher. That gives me a little more fuel to run the race. I dunno how long more i'd be in teaching, but i need all the 'petrol' i can get to even finish a year in this school. I'm tired... Can feel my eyebags even as i type...I think it's only after i came to this school that i feel i've been BORN with eyebags...

Another random thought, i'm glad for all those youngsters who are close to me somewhat. So....to all those youngsters out there...when i become a toothless old grandma unable to gallivant on the streets or prance about on badminton/tennis courts, please do bring me out for some sunshine or even to see YOUR youngsters prancing about and race me around in a wheelchair or something... K?? C??? you hear me???