28 October 2005
posted by j at 10/28/2005 12:11:00 PM

Hello Ms C,

I just wanna say thank you to you for scolding the whole class. I realise that by sitting down doing nothing will not help me in my exams for the end of year. So, i decided to study. I'm happy that i'm going 2A next year. I had fullfill my mother's wish.

I also wanna say thank you to you as you are the one who give me motivation for the 2.4km run. I really appreciate that.

From: S

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't think of a more perfect way to end the school term =) In all honesty, i can't remember what i scolded them about and what sparked that on. Maybe she's the only one my scolding made a difference to, but just like in that starfish story, at least it made a difference to her. Never really thought my SCOLDING would actually work tho. Heh. Found out recently, that i'm not just fierce in the way i perceive myself in my head. I AM fierce. In fact, it seems i have a reputation for being so, both from the perspective of students, as well as teachers. Hah. That's new.

This year has been eventful. In spite of all my rantings and grumbling, i really do like my students. Sometimes when i think about them, an involuntary wave of compassion would wash over me, that makes me wanna do something to make them feel loved. As if they were my own kids. Soppy huh? Well, it doesn't happen too often you know =)