06 October 2005
posted by j at 10/06/2005 07:16:00 PM

Teeheehee....

Actually, this isn't funny.

Put yourself in my shoes. Or at least in my family's shoes.

Supposing you've had your home number for time memorial. It's easy to remember and everyone can get you. Even neighbours and friends from decades ago. How open and willing would you be to change your number at this point of time?

What if there's nothing standing between you and your way (i.e. keeping your time memorial number for more decades to come) except one thing? An irritating creep who refuses to stop calling. A creep who calls you several times a day. Sometimes to hang up after one ring. Sometimes to hang up upon hearing your "hello?". Sometimes to keep silent while you bark out hello after hello in rising fury, only to hear the other end go 'click'. Wouldn't that make you wanna tear out his hair in frustration?? If only i could get my hands on his slimy neck.....grrrrr.....hmm..then again....

I say 'his' because i know for sure it's a guy. Before this smart ass realized i could track his number via caller id, i'd called him once before to blast him for his irritatingly childish behaviour.(i'm pretty sure it's a 外国劳工). I interrogated him in my fiercest teacher voice and threatened him before hanging up violently. But he continued his game using a public phone...Oooooohhh.....*cracks my knuckles*....*snarl*

Today, as usual, he was at it. At first, i ignored it. But the persistent ringing drove me nuts. Finally, i picked up the phone, wanting to scream at him and bite his head off. Then i thought, "hmmm...why should i get angry and get my blood pressure up?" So i bided my time and waited silently to see if there'd be any response on the other side. I simply just picked up the phone and said nothing at all. Not even a "hello?". And i thought since he wants to waste my time, i'll waste his money. Assuming he's calling from a public phone. So i hung on the phone and watched tv. Heh. After a while, he got impatient and finally ventured several hellos. I kept quiet. Then a thought struck me. "I know!! I shall freak him out!!" Having thus been motivated, i proceeded to summon every ounce of acting blood in me. I pictured how a mad/villainous/evil woman/witch would sound while brewing some bloodcurdling plot.... and then.....i let it loose.

I gave what i hoped was an evil, witchy, goosebump-inducing, high-pitch laughter....the kind you might associate with the likes of sadako in the middle of the night. I let it loose. Loud and long. There was silence on the other end. Then i hung up.

And then, i cracked up. 哈哈哈... i found it really hilarious. Tried to picture his reaction. I hope it haunts him. heh heh heh...Sure beats getting angry and making my own blood boil.

Here's a thought: sometimes it's worth taking a step back and taking a different (better still if it's also hilarious) approach to situations in life. Do it differently from how u'd usually do things. And get some joy out of it. Ha. For me, now he can call all he wants, i'll just make sure i waste his time and his money, and cook up more hare-brained schemes on how to freak him out samore =)

Any ideas, anyone?

p.s. i can do a demonstration of that laughter if anyone wants to hear it...teehee..