06 January 2006
posted by j at 1/06/2006 11:37:00 AM

THESE machines have a temperament of their own...They can throw a tantrum at ANY time and for no good reason.... Hence, to minimize the incidence of breakdowns, out of the goodwill of my heart, i sent out a siren of warning to the newbies at work.

It has been observed that these copiers follow certain behavioural patterns which adhere to these rules...

West Spring Photocopiers' Rulebook:
1. I reserve the right to take a break at ANY time.
2. I dislike being made to make double-sided photocopies intensely. Use the DUPLEX function at your own risk. (On good days however, I may decide to do 4-5 duplex copies before conking out. In times of fury, refer to Rule 1 above.)
3. I reserve the right to print slowly. For fast service, pls use my neighbour, the risograph. I will not take responsibility for any frustration at my speed that results in loss of hair or damage to any body parts whatsoever.
4. I print up to a max of 20/30/40?? (depending on my mood) at any one point of time. For 40 copies and above, pls use my neighbour, the risograph. I dislike being overheated and will have a tendency to observe Rule 1.
5. The blinking indications on my LCD screen only show where the jams are. Removing the indicated paperjams does NOT mean that i will henceforth work.
6. Paperjams are my best friends. We go hand in hand together. In fact, after 1 paperjam, another soon comes after...and so the cycle goes...There's nothing you can do to stop us...MuahHAhahahaa..