26 January 2007
posted by j at 1/26/2007 12:07:00 AM

Today didn't start off too well. Probably a fault of my own. Haven't been able to see the stars from inside my forest. But by God's grace, the day didn't end as badly as it started.

Sometime in the afternoon, a mental image came to me. A bawling child screaming, kicking, pounding the floor and throwing a tantrum because she did not get her way. A common sight in shopping centres and what-nots. The child was crying herself sick and refusing any help or any alternative proffered in pacification.

Then, a second image came into mind. A father standing near the child, watching and waiting for the tirade to stop. Worried that the child might really be sick, he went over to the bawling child, picked her up and set her firmly on her feet saying firmly but gently, "That's enough. It's time to stop." Chastisement from the Father. I felt it keenly today.

Indeed, it's time to stop. Time to move on.

I've learnt many lessons over the past month. Perhaps one day I'll share them with you. But for now, I need to mull over them a bit more and internalise them. I just hope today's resolve will not disappear tomorrow morning when I wake.

For those who have been praying, thank you so much. I'm very grateful. I choose to think that your prayers played a part in the chastisement of this child. Thank you my dear friends, for all your love, your encouragement, your time and sacrifices, for making me feel less alone and for showing me what it really means to be in the family of Christ. I love you guys very much and I hope I will be able to do the same for you if ever you need a friend too.