21 February 2007
posted by j at 2/21/2007 10:54:00 AM

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others. (Phil 2:3-4)


In your so-called pursuit of God, in saying that you were going to concentrate on God, did these verses never occur to you? I don't think you even stopped to think about the interests of others. And why? Because it "felt right". Not because you were convinced that that was what God wanted for you. Did you even consult God? I doubt. Because like you said, it "just happened". If you did ask God, I know what His answer would be. Because He knows very well that it can wait, and because He knows how it would hurt His child. I put myself in your position. For the sake of a brother or sister-in-christ, I would wait, because what God wants to give you will be yours no matter how long, and no matter what you do. And most importantly, because waiting would be a loving action on my part. And for this reason, even if it "felt right" to you, it was not. If it was, there wouldn't be so many people feeling the injustice of your unloving action.

You say your intention was noble. You want to preserve our friendship. By what you did? I don't see how. All you have done is effectively drive me permanently away. A friendship cannot be built without trust. Right now, there is zero trust. You know, things would have been very different if you had sought God as you said you would. If you did, you would have waited. If you had waited, I would have given you my blessings and our friendship would have been preserved. But because you didn't, my and many others' regard for you is gone. I no longer respect you, nor even covet your friendship. Not even on a basic level.

You, my brothers, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love. The entire law is summed up in a single command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. (Gal 5:13-14,16-17)


If your conscience was clear, you would have no problems telling everyone. Not just those close to you. If your conscience was clear, you would not be afraid people would be angry with you. And you know what the joke is? You're more afraid that those indirectly involved would be angry, than the one you directly injured. And you say you are concerned about preserving the friendship. Gee...can you blame me for not believing your words anymore?

You're just as bad as THEM, if not worse. At least they never came close enough to gain my trust and then hurl it back in my face.
 
1 Comments:


At 10:09 PM, Blogger Alex

In times like this, I pray that God will bring healing and resolution in your life, as I pray He will do in everyone hurting now from betrayal and broken promises.

It's hard when I read posts like these. Sigh.