22 May 2007
posted by j at 5/22/2007 12:01:00 AM

God is so good. I'm so thankful for the many mercies He showers on our way, especially when the corners are tight.

These past few weeks have been crazy. I've been so stressed, but I didn't quite realise how much pressure I was putting on myself until I exploded on sat. I've been procrastinating in much of my work because there's just so much to do I don't know where to start. Thinking about it just makes my head ache. And yet, in spite of not doing as much as I ought to, the pressure was still there, if not more. I guess I asked for it, because procrastinating only made the pressure stay a longer period of time.

I've been fighting fire after fire these few weeks. Lesson observations, setting of common test papers, marking of assignments to prepare for file checks, marking of common test, keying in of marks, CCA, project work...there's just no end to it! I'm no multi-tasker when all these things descend upon me at the same time. I can only fight one battle at a time. Even my sleep and exercise regime took a backseat. It was all I could do to continue to practise my music in time for weekly lessons and complete my bsf homework!

By some blurness on my part (which turned out to be blessings in disguise), I completed the keying in of marks, remarks and attendance early because I saw the wrong date. The deadline's supposed to be tomorrow, but I thought it was last friday. So I've already completed it. Thank God! See? There can be good things coming out of my absentmindedness=)

Now, all that's weighing on my mind and taking up most of my time is my marking. The backlog of assignments which had to take a backseat because of all the other urgent matters. And it's because these aren't done that I haven't been able to submit my classes' files to my HOD for checking. She's been quite patient as it is, asking me about them from time to time but never losing her temper at me over that. But I feel bad. Sometimes I even take to avoiding her, so that I don't get reminded of that 'thing' hanging over me. It's been plaguing me you know. Not being able to hand up those files. And I've even toyed with the idea of 'cheating', as in, since we're only supposed to randomly pick 10 files out of each class to submit, I could easily just mark 10 of each assignment just to hand in the 10 files, and that would buy me some time to mark the rest later. But today on the way to school, I prayed about it. Asked God to give me a way out of this situation so I wouldn't have to resort to that and give in to temptation. And I honestly felt the burden lifted off my shoulders. For once, I didn't have the feeling that there was something hanging over me. I was resolved that I would just tell my HOD that I couldn't finish the marking but would complete it over the holidays. I didn't know if God would do something, nor did I know what God would do if he did, but I just entrusted it to Him and hoped for the best. Still, my heart sank a little when later this morning my HOD beckoned me while I was in the canteen. Just as I have been dreading, she asked me for my files once again. I told her that the students were due to hand me their files by tomorrow and also that I couldn't finish the marking. To my surprise, she not only wasn't the least bit angry, she was, on the contrary, very understanding. You know what she even told me? She told me that it was ok to just mark 10 assignments and hand in to her first, then take my time to do the rest over the hols! Gee...I was so surprised. I think she understood that our marking load is REALLY heavy. To say I was surprised, is an understatement actually. I was SHOCKED! It was as if the 'dishonest' thing became legalised =)

I'm just so thankful to God. For putting me under an understanding boss. For giving me more time to complete my work. And for honouring my prayer so that I wouldn't be tempted to sin.

Now, I just hope I can finish those 10 assignments for each piece of work, fast.