17 August 2007
posted by j at 8/17/2007 12:40:00 AM

These days, it feels as if everyone (ok u know that's just a manner of speech right? I dun literally mean EVERYONE)....as I was saying *ahem*...it feels as if everyone around me at work seems to be having some problems. That kinda causes some rush in me, you know? Feel this intense need to help and to make things better if possible. But I've also been wondering why all these seem to be happening around the same time.

One is feeling unappreciated and down (if what I've heard about how her superior is treating her, then I won't be surprised), so I've been trying to talk to her and remind her not to base her self-worth on how others see her (it's a lesson for me too)...I've also told my class to be more considerate in her lessons. It's not that she's incompetent or anything...she's just too nice. And the students take advantage of that. Hmph! No way is my class adding on to her misery!

Another is having relationship problems. Got a shock when I found her crying at my table. Felt so sad. But I was in a way glad that for once, she opened up and told me what was bothering her. She's always kept things to herself, since jc times. She probably didn't know how worried we all were back then. I think the Lord prompted me about a week ago. Out of the blue, I felt very strongly about something and decided to send her an sms to address this issue. I just wanted her to know that I'm here for her, and that I worry about her when she keeps things to herself. And that even if she didn't feel comfortable telling me, she can always tell someone else, so long as she doesn't keep everything to herself. The last time she did that, I think she kinda stopped talking for weeks! Wah lau...scared us lah... So, anyways, was glad she found her way to my desk, was glad also that I didn't go home early though I planned to (was held up cos I was dealing with a problem student) and glad that she talked. And I know all these are not coincidences....just like what we learnt in the book of Ruth. God works in the little things as well as the big things. And often when we are unaware, He's working in the background of things too. I'm sure He has His plans and purposes for everything that happens.

Another one has been MIA from work for a long time. Really worried about him. Have been smsing him but no reply. Even my bday msg to him was not replied to. Sigh. So am in the midst of collecting 'love' notes from some of my colleagues...gg to collate them and then send to him by post. Today, during Form Teacher's period, I decided on the spur of the moment, after lecturing my kids about their badly-done paper, to let my kids do something meaningful. I gave out small slips of coloured paper and told them that this colleague of mine, who taught them last year and whom they like, was not feeling well and that he told me he didn't feel motivated to teach anymore. Told them to recall the reasons why they like him and why he's a good teacher to them, and then to write them down on the slips of paper as an encouragement to him =) All of them were SOOO diligent in writing! I was almost jealous. I also want notes from them!! =P And at the end of the lesson, all of them handed their love notes up automatically. Fwah....I'm so happy with them!! *big grin* You know what else? Some really put in effort to decorate their notes leh...they pasted stickers, folded shapes, designed borders....one even parted with his keychain, the one he usually hangs on his bag, just so he could attach it to his matching slip of paper. Wah...so touched... Can't wait to send him the envelope of love notes..=)

Anyways, I sincerely hope the 3 of them will feel better. Must remember to pray for them. And must remind myself to also finish up my marking in the midst of all this 'Martha'-ing...if u know what I mean...