19 August 2007
posted by j at 8/19/2007 11:37:00 PM

He replied!! He replied!!! FINALLY....

My colleague who MIA-ed finally replied!! Thank God! But it took notes of concern from some of us at work, plus 40 notes from EVERYONE in my class to get a response outa him. Dropped by his house on Friday after a draining day at school. Wanted to leave the envelope of goodies in his mailbox but the mailbox was 'locked'...so had to go up to his house...thought maybe could slot it in under his door but there was hardly any gap between the door and the floor!! So I reluctantly left it at his door between the grille gates, wondering if it would be gone before he even got a chance to look at it. I didn't suppose he'd want people to visit so didn't want to ring the bell.

Anyways, today, I got an sms from him!! Three actually! The first was probably a mass sms to all who wrote to him. I replied without expecting anymore response from him actually. But he suddenly replied to thank me for getting my class to write. Think he was touched by what they wrote=) I asked if he would consider coming back to school for Teachers' Day Celebration, saying it would be nice to see him on my bday. But then he said no lah... =( Nevertheless, I'm happy enough he replied. Shall not be too greedy =) Now I just hope he recovers soon...