09 September 2007
posted by j at 9/09/2007 09:31:00 PM

Last night I learnt from my mom that I used to get these stomachaches...she always wondered if they were for real or whether I was just allergic to school...teeheehee...I find that so hilarious. It's a sign I tell you...A SIGN!

According to her, this allergy to school didn't run in the family. My brother had no problems with school, even though he didn't do all that well when he was younger. And it seems that my allergy started way back when I was in kindy! Apparently one particular day, after my grandma had walked me all the way to kindy and then returned home immediately after, she had the shock of seeing me standing at the door a little while later, looking at her with beseeching doe-like eyes... I have absolutely no recollection of this of course, but this incident caused some consternation from the adults. I think they couldn't decide whether to be shocked and disapproving because, after all, it is kinda like truancy. But then, on the other hand, I think they must have been secretly pleased that at the age of 5, I could actually sneak out of kindy without anyone noticing and make my way back on my own. It's a pretty long walk back home you know. Not to mention having to take the lift up to the 12th floor and then climbing the stairs to another storey. I must say I feel pretty smart. Ha. OH! Wait! I think I remember getting into the lift alone and wondering how I was to reach the buttons (12 is the highest button leh)...then a lady came into the lift and asked me which floor I'd like to go! Ha. So that's how I managed the button-pressing. heehee...

Anyway, fyi, my grandma was super angry I came home lah. She REFUSED to let me in. Totally man. I remember she said something like, "If you can come home yourself, you can walk yourself back to school." Or something like that. In hokkien of course. Which, I obviously didn't want to. So I just stood outside the gate and cried. My grandma was really heartless lor (tho I think I'd prob do the same if I were her)...she left me outside for what seemed like eternity. She even closed the wooden door on me! After some time, I must have looked pretty pathetic (I was very cute when I was young btw. Heh) so she opened the door....and threw my favourite stuffed toy lion out to accompany me, then she closed the door on me again. Duh. After that, I don't remember what happened anymore. Not sure how long I was out there and have absolutely no recollection of even entering the house again after that.

All cos I was allergic to school. How the *beep* did I end up being a teacher???! This is like some sick joke.
 
4 Comments:


At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

sooooo dangerous!!

but ur grandma super funny la, throw out ur fav toy to accompany you. she's got my vote for cool grandma.

 

At 11:41 PM, Blogger Alex

Haha, no wonder you have an independent streak!

One day you must produce photographic evidence to back up your claim that you were very cute when you were young. Haha!

 

At 10:46 PM, Blogger Chris

You were very cute when you were young??? What happened? HAHA.

Actually with your super BIG eyes, I would reckon that you were really cute... but hey. Wat say.. You are STILL cute k! hurhur.

 

At 2:45 PM, Blogger j

cheoklet>>Yahh...i agree..i love my grandma..pity she passed away early. She used to whack the floor saying "Bad floor..bad bad floor..." whenever I fell down and went to her for comfort. Heehee...

Alex>>I do?? Gee...I didn't think so...

not over the net bah...such cuteness must not be diluted over the world wide web...must be kept for the enjoyment of close frens... hahahahaaaa..

Chris>>OY!! WANNA DIE AH!

Yah I had really big eyes when I was young too...hmm...in fact they prob looked too big for my head. And back then i was super small in size...think so my head also looked too big for my body. OOh..which all in all doesn make me sound so cute anymore huh? Kinda alien...eeeks. maybe i shld take back wat i said...