02 October 2007
posted by j at 10/02/2007 04:27:00 PM

Prologue...abt 6 months before...

H's phone starts to show signs of failure in weird ways...(like owner, like phone). Examples of defective behaviour? Only certain buttons working or particular buttons getting stuck, such that a simple phone conversation would sound like this...

H: hello? J? I need your help...something's wrong with my phone!
J: Like what? how? What happened?
H: I can't talk long, it might go bonkers any minute...and only the down and left buttons are working!
J: Heehee....well, it's a good thing it's not the up and down buttons that are working only...
H: Anyway, I'm supposed to meet someone later but I can't seem to get to his number... my phone is driving me nuts!!
J: Ok, what u want me to do?
H: Let me try to....*PEEEEEEEEE....* ello?? *PEEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEE...peepepeeepeeeeeee*.....
J: HELLO?? AAAAHHHH..... (more beeps in the backgrd...hangs up in frustration...)

Some months later...(may/june)
J visits H in dusty land and volunteers to bring the phone back home to fix...but the silly phone suddenly resumes its normal behaviour. J and H are at a loss. Finally H decides to wait a couple more months till she returns to sg and get it fixed herself if it's cranky again.

September
H is back in sg. Her phone is behaving itself again. Evidently it is somewhat fearful of being sent for service. It is on its best behaviour and never once utters a peep. H gives up the notion of sending it for repairs. Off the phone goes...to maple country and back to sg....no prob.

End September
H returns to dusty land. The morning she leaves...


J: eh, msg me soon as u arrive hor. So I know u got there safely.
H: ok.

10 hours later...
J: OY! you're supp to msg me when u arrive! Are u there yet??
H: Phone's koo koo gin. Ho ? Sigh. Ki p no go. Mi ?!
J: HAHAHAHAHA.....Is that english?? HahahahAHaaahaa...
 
2 Comments:


At 2:55 PM, Blogger scatterbrain

The actual msg was supposed to be:

H: Phone's gone nuts again. How?? Sigh. Keypad not working.

Actually, now the "Mi?!" is a mystery to me... Forgot what I was saying..

The keys #2, #3, #8 & #9 weren't working, but I wanted to explain that my phone wasn't working, so that was the only words I could think of that hopefully made sense..

Mysteriously, the phone seems to be working again... Maybe it was having jet lag..

 

At 12:16 AM, Blogger j

Heehee...your original msg soooo doesn't look like what u sent me lor...at least the back part of it doesn't.

Your phone is just as temperamental as me. If it was mine, i'd prob have dumped it or thrown it into the sea..haha...