13 October 2007
posted by j at 10/13/2007 08:45:00 AM

I was TOTALLY DISORIENTED when I woke up this morning! For the first time in a long while, I'm actually TOTALLY awake at 8am in the morning! Know why? *heh*

Cos' I slept a grand total of 14 hours without knowing it at all! If I don't set my alarm the night before, the thing that usually wakes me in the morning is the warmth of the sun. (Actually, that kinda irritates me because I would REALLY rather wake up much later) Anyway, when I gained consciousness, a whole train of questions flooded my mind, all of which I couldn't seem to answer! It was a really strange experience...a 'lil like what an amnesia patient would feel, I expect.

"Is it day or night?? What time is it?? Am I late for school??? Ok, I think it's morning.. Wait, which morning?? Ok I think yesterday was Friday, so today should be Saturday right? Ok, it's Saturday....Saturday morning..Time? 8plus...gee..that's early for someone like me...why am I up so early? hmm...nvm...I'm going back to sleep...."

*switches on the aircon and settles back into bed*

"Hey! How come I don't remember watching the exciting 9pm show last night?? Wasn't it the last episode? If I was at home last night, I would have watched it! How about the flower show?? I LIKE that show! How come I don't remember watching it??? Think, j, think....okok did I have dinner?? What did I have for dinner?? Think think think.....HEY! I didn't have dinner!! How come I didn't have dinner??? AAARGH....okok...what time did I sleep?? Think think think....think think think....gee...I really can't remember...uh....ok what was the last thing I did before going to bed? Erm...I was on fb and I checked my mail...waitaminute....I did all that soon as I got home from settling my cca stuff at Toa Payoh...I got home about 6pm!! 6PM!? So I slept at 7PM???"

Only at this point of the time did the realisation hit me...that there was a big blank in my memory simply because there WAS a blank! I was sleeping the entire time. And the thoughts going through my head just before I went to sleep yesterday all came back to me. I remember thinking that I would take a nap, before going out for dinner on my own (my parents were out for CG and my bro would typically be back only after midnight) and I also made plans to sit in front of the gogglebox for the above-mentioned shows. It was to be my first night of leisure after all the hectic rush of the past month or more.

Wow....I applaud myself....I don't think I've ever slept this long. Not even when I'm pooped after camps or mission trips. I'd somehow still be able to wake up long enough for dinner before collapsing into bed. I guess maybe subconsciously my body knew there would be no dinner waiting on the table for me even if I did wake up, so I might as well have slept all the way. Or maybe God knew that my tired, about-to-fall-sick body needed the much-delayed rest. Boy....I have been REALLY REALLY tired...running on reserve after my batteries had gone flat, running on God's grace...=)

Boy am I hungry now...