04 November 2007
posted by j at 11/04/2007 11:38:00 PM

Today, for no good reason, I decided to compile a list of reasons why I like music...*heh*

....because...
  1. It makes me happy =)
  2. When I'm down, it always manages to soothe my soul. Esp when I'm 'forced' to sing along. (e.g. during worship services etc)
  3. I love the way melody interweaves with harmony and blends with the accompaniment. (for songs that I can appreciate of course) It's so amazing how it all fits together so beautifully. Like poetry. I especially love duets and a cappella singing.
  4. It paints images in my head. Different genres of songs paint different pictures and summons different emotions and memories.
  5. It is able to reduce me to tears and soften my hardened heart.
  6. Many a times, it is a language in itself and needs no explanation.
  7. God has used music many times to touch my soul and to minister to me in a way I cannot explain adequately. He's used music to speak to me, address my hurts, remind me of the enormity of His love and show me a fraction of His heartbeat for the lost.
I love music =) I just wish I could do more, learn more, contribute more...be more creative with it.