26 November 2007
posted by j at 11/26/2007 12:59:00 AM

She was looking for Tabasco sauce. We went up and down the aisle it was supposed to be placed. Twice. Two pairs of eyes. And we're both the detailed sort you know. Nothing. We went another aisle to pick up wasabi, then C headed for the crowded counter to pay. I refused to give up. Since it would take some time before it was her turn, I decided to try looking one more time. I tell you, I scoured what seemed like every nook and cranny (I once heard someone say "crook and nanny"...heehee) in that aisle. Nothing. So I gave up. Just then, as I was trying to squeeze past some people in that overcrowded aisle, I happened to turn to my right, and there at face level, hidden deep inside the dark, rusty shelf was the elusive sauce! It was soooooo deep inside that even when I reached in as far as I could, I still could not quite grab hold of it...had to use something else to like 'hook' it out lor...then ran for dear life to the counter before it was too late....

I kinda had an epiphany after this episode. Mundane as it may have been. Sometimes when we look too hard for something, we may not find it. Perhaps if we didn't look so hard, what we were looking for may just pop up where we least expect it, when we least expect it.
 
1 Comments:


At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

And do you know why you always find things in the last place you think of searching?



Because after you find them, you stop searching. :D