18 January 2008
posted by j at 1/18/2008 09:47:00 AM

In the wee hours of this morning, my dad's arm acted up again. He woke only my brother up and they made their way to NUH A&E at about 2am, leaving us 2 women back at home. They only returned home after I had left for work, some 5 hours later. Apparently the fall a couple of days back had in fact injured or torn a ligament, such that an unfortunate move on my dad's part this morning resulted in a dislocation of his arm. Dislocations are very painful things. I may not have experienced it but that much I know. Now, my dad's arm is in a sling. He's pretty much immobile since he can't drive around or move around much. The doctor's prohibited that. An operation is due next wed to fix the ligament. Meantime, the rest of us are trying to figure out how best to arrange our timings such that my dad gets his meals on time and has people keeping an eye on him. Pls pray that there will be no more mishaps meanwhile, that my dad will be good and not move around too much, and that the time that he's at home before the operation will be as free from pain and discomfort as possible. Thanks =)