20 April 2009
posted by j at 4/20/2009 10:41:00 PM

I know I have yet to share much about him in this space. So, it's about time I did =)

I give thanks to God for him, whose love for me is manifested in the acts of service that he so willingly and self-sacrificially undertakes for my sake.

For a few weeks, I had left my vacuum cleaner and a trolley in my car. I'd previously used these for cleaning up and for moving some stuff at my new house, and somehow never got down to lugging them back up to my current abode. I usually got back too late to secure a nearby parking lot, so lugging those cumbersome items past steps and the swimming pool was hardly something I was in a hurry to do at the end of each long tiring day.

My dearest tried in vain to remind me to return these bulky items to the house, but seeing as it just never got done, got it into his head to do them for me. Last Saturday, I had to attend a school function in the evening for a couple of hours till about 10pm. We were out in my car before that, so he offered to drive me to school and return to fetch me when I was done. Soon as I got off the car, he secretly drove back to my place, made his way into my house using my keys and lugged everything back to my house for me. And because I had been returning home late these past few weeks and had been unable to secure an underground lot (much to my grief), he decided to park my car in the underground lot he managed to find (cos he was quite early), and run back to our new place instead! Which is a good 6 to 7 km away!

He then drove HIS car to pick me up from my school when I was done, and brought this hungry woman (as always) for supper =) I was so touched. Still am. He does things for me so cheerfully and willingly, it puts me to shame. I have much to learn from him. His humility and teachable heart. I thank God for placing him in my life! =)