23 April 2009
posted by j at 4/23/2009 10:57:00 PM

...my stomach cramps were bad enough to wake me from my slumber at 3am this morning, so that I could clean up the mess before it hit my bedclothes. Damage was minimal and quickly dealt with. My only grouse was my disturbed sleep from the severe pain. Thank God for painkillers...

...I have an understanding HOD who kindly allowed me to go in late for work because of the bad cramps I had. The timing was great too. Today was the only day in my 10-day cycle timetable, that I had the entire morning free from lessons...

...I only had 2 periods today and my students were really cooperative. I quite enjoyed my time with them. They were even observant enough to ask me with much concern, "Teacher, are you sick? You look pale..." Such darlings!

...my dear was so understanding today. He didn't take offence at my grumpiness, knowing that I was irritable because of that time of the month, and quickly bundled me off to rest. He then patiently waited for me to get my much-needed nap before we headed for a late dinner. I was much perkier and better-tempered when I woke up, so we had quite a nice leisurely dinner and walk at vivo. The place is so much friendlier on a non-weekend! After our date, he very considerately offered to drive me in my car back to my place, and was willing to take the bus back (tog with all the groceries he was lugging) to TW. Was quite xin tong for him to do that, so I offered to drop him off part of the way, and so we got off the AYE at JTH so that he could take 180 back from Chinese Garden instead of having to walk all the way to the bus stop from my house. The poor dear still had to lug the groceries back from the bus stop upon alighting, but he was a real sport about it. What would I do without him? =)

Thank God for all his daily mercies!